Jesuit High School in Tampa, Florida, is accepting resumes for the position of Principal for the 2021-2022 academic year. Resumes will be accepted through December 7, 2020.
Mission Statement of Jesuit High School:
Jesuit High School, in its mission as a Catholic, Jesuit, college preparatory school, labors to form men engaged in the world who are dedicated to serving God by being open to growth, intellectually competent, religious, loving, and just.
About Jesuit High School:
Jesuit High School is a Catholic, college preparatory school located in Tampa, Florida with an enrollment of approximately 830 students. Jesuit was founded in 1899 by the Society of Jesus, a religious order of men in the Roman Catholic Church. With an all-male student body, Jesuit High School attracts students from a five-county area with rigorous academics, state-of-the-art technology, a creative fine arts department, a vibrant campus ministry, extensive community service opportunities, and a strong athletic program. Jesuit High School is a member of the Jesuit Schools Network (JSN) and is accredited by Cognia, the accreditation organization formerly known as AdvancED.
About the position:
The Principal is the chief academic officer of the school and has the responsibility under the President for planning and establishing policies, practices, and procedures that affect the academic, extracurricular, and spiritual programs of the school, its faculty, and students.
The candidate must:
- Be a practicing Roman Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church;
- Be able to embody and advance the mission of the school as an apostolic work of the Society of Jesus;
- Have attained at least the academic equivalent of a Master’s degree.
Jesuit desires candidates for Principal who have:
- Teaching experience at the level of secondary education;
- Administrative experience, preferably in secondary education;
- Demonstrated success in providing strong and dynamic leadership at the high school level;
- Experience in Jesuit education or at least a broad understanding of its core principles;
- Familiarity with the use of advanced educational technology;
- The ability to motivate and inspire students and faculty, along with strong interpersonal skills in dealing with all school constituents;
- The ability to promote progress in all areas of school life while remaining faithful to the school’s history and tradition.
- Complete the application through the link below
- Attach a separate personal statement that provides in depth treatment of the following areas:
- the candidate's professional background, skills, and experience
- the candidate's understanding of Catholic education
- the candidate's faith life, character, and personal interest in the position
- Provide a resume that details the candidate's educational background, professional experience, affiliations, and accomplishments
- Indicate 3-5 work related references